UNC Eye Welcomes Resident Class of 2017
Introducing the UNC Eye Resident Class of 2017:
Sylvia Groth, M.D.
- Undergrad: Wheaton College
- Major: BA, Business/Economics
- Medical School: University of Minnesota
- Internship: Presence St. Francis Hospital Transition Year Program, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Outside interests: road cycling, long distance races (half‐ironman, half marathons), golf (college varsity team), travel‐ backpacking and hiking
Kay Khine, M.D.
- Undergrad: University of Southern California
- Major: BA, Biology
- Medical School: East Carolina University
- Internship: Harbor-UCLA Medical Center Transition Year Program, Torrance, California
- Outside Interests: Long distance running, powder‐puff football, traveling, watching sports, photography (published)
- Special note: Burmese ‐ immigrated to US at age 11 and learned English after arriving
Tara McGehee, M.D.
- Undergrad: University of Virginia
- Major: BA, Neuroscience
- Medical School: Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Internship: Medical College of Virginia Internal Medicine Program, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Outside Interests: Spanish, salsa dancing, international travel, cooking.
Jennifer Williamson, M.D.
- Undergrad: Duke University
- Major: BS, Biology and History
- Medical School: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Internship: New Hanover Regional Medical Center Internal Medicine Program, University of North Carolina
- Outside Interests: Cooking/baking, history, canoeing, horseback riding, running