- BS: Mississippi State University
- PhD: North Carolina State University (Biological Engineering)
- Fellowship: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Orthopaedic biomechanics
- Vibration testing of orthopaedic tissues and constructs
|2005-present||Research Associate Professor; Departments of Orthopaedics & Biomedical Engineering, UNC School of Medicine|
- Dean's Fellowship, NCSU College of Engineering
- Presidential 1000 Points of Light Award
- Engineering Student Hall of Fame, Mississippi State University
- Member, Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honor Society
(see entire list available at PubMed)
- Almekinders LC, Vellema JH, Weinhold PS. Strain patterns in the patellar tendon and the implications for patellar tendinopathy. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthroscop 10:2-5; 2002.
- Yamazaki S, Banes AJ, Weinhold PS, et al. Vibratory loading decreases extracellular matrix and matrix metalloproteinase gene expression in rabbit annulus cells. Spine J 2(6):415-420; 2002.
- Chudik S, Weinhold PS, Dahners LE. Percutaneous plate fixation of surgical neck fractures of the proximal humerus: a biomechanical study of a new device. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 12 (6):578-588; 2003.
- Devkota A, Weinhold PS. Mechanical response of tendon to ramp loading to varying strain imits. Clin Biomech 18(10):969-974; 2003.
- DeMorat G, Weinhold P, Blackburn T, et al. Aggressive quadriceps loading can induce non-contact ACL injury. Am J Sports Med 32(2):477-483; 2004.
- Hanson C, Weinhold P, Afshari H, Dahners LE. The effect of analgesic agents on the healing rat MCL. Am J Sports Med 33(5): 1-6; 2005.
- Devkota A, Weinhold P. A tissue explant system for assessing tendon overuse injury. Med Engr Physics 27(9):803-8; 2005.
Filed under: Research