Interview dates are December 7, 2013, and January 11, 2014.
You will be notified if you are selected for an interview.
UNC Orthopaedics offers both a five-year program and a six-year program that includes a research year. Use these identification numbers:
- 190038 for matching the five-year program in Orthopaedics;
- 190086 for matching the six-year program in Orthopaedics (that includes a year of research).
We will accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). If you decide to apply, the deadline for receipt of applications for the year 2013 will be October 31, 2013. All application materials should be submitted through ERAS. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. All supporting materials such as letters and transcripts must be received by November 5 at the very latest.
Please note carefully that we require the following:
- your application;
- Dean's letter;
- a minimum of two letters of recommendation (you may send up to four letters of recommendation);
- one of which should come from the Chairman of Orthopaedics
- one from another person, preferably an orthopaedist, with whom you have worked professionally (not a resident, please).
Applicants selected for interviews will be notified by telephone or e-mail. Make sure your valid email address is included with your application. For further information, contact Karen Gilliam, Residency Coordinator, at 919.966.9071 (t), 919.966.6730 (f), or email@example.com.