August 25, 2016, 8:30 AM, **G100 Bondurant**
Faculty Meeting today. No Grand Rounds Seminar.
Grand Rounds is sponsored by the School of Medicine,
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Accreditation Statement: The School of Medicine of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Credit Statement: The School of Medicine of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill designates this educational activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the educational activity.
- Commercial Support Disclosure: In accordance with the ACCME Essentials and Standards, everyone involved in planning or presenting this educational activity will be required to disclose any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests in the healthcare industry, and this information will be made available to participants at the start of the activity. In addition, speakers who incorporate information about off-label or investigational use of drugs or devices will be asked to disclose that information at the beginning of their presentation.
- Learning Objectives for the Participants:
The information presented at this educational activity should improve your ability to:
1. Understand current mechanisms of diseases and/or treatments.
2. Be acquainted with improvements in diagnostic accuracy or classification systems.
3. Appreciate the value of scientific understanding of diseases for improving clinical management of patients.
4. Recognize possible opportunities to collaborate with speakers or other attendees/participants.
5. Discuss advances in pathology, medicine, and related disciplines and where possible, their translation to patient care.
6. Discuss the research and service interests of faculty, housestaff, and other department members at UNC and other institutions.
- Americans with Disabilities Act: The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is committed to equality of educational opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status. If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability in order to participate fully in this continuing education activity, please contact Brenda Brock at 919-843-5878.