Palliative Care consults are available on all inpatient adult services.
Patients with serious or life-limiting illness and their families can benefit from the consult service if they have one or more of the following:
- Pain or other troublesome physical symptoms
- Emotional, psychological or spiritual suffering
- Concerns about difficult treatment decisions
- Coordination of care and treatments among doctors and nurses at all stages of an illness
- Complex care needs that make it difficult leaving the hospital
Patients who have been served include adult inpatients on the following services: critical care, family medicine, general medicine, geriatrics, gynecology, neurology, oncology, psychology, rehabilitation medicine, and surgery. The service began in 2002 and has now seen over 1500 patients.
For additional information please view our Palliative Care brochure (works best in Internet Explorer).
Hospital Consultation: Please page the Palliative Care Consult Adult Service via WebXchange.