CLIPP, Computer-assisted Learning in Pediatrics Project, is an online interactive program that is intended to cover the curriculum for the Pediatrics Clerkship. It is in use in more than half of US medical school pediatrics clerkships.
At least EIGHT CLIPP cases are expected to be completed throughout the clerkship. Completion is a component of the Participation Evaluation and the Departmental Exam will have questions about the assigned CLIPP cases.
Required cases include:
- Case 5: 16-year-old girl's health maintenance visit
- Case 6: 16-year-old boy's pre-sport physical
- Case 15: 4-week-old with vomitting.
- Case 18: 2-week-old with poor feeding
- Case 25: 2-month-old with apnea
- Case 28: 18-month-old with developmental delay
- Case 29: Infant with hypotonia
- Case 30: 2-year-old with sickle cell disease
Each case is expected to take about 30 minutes to complete. Working through the cases is effective study time and we encourage you to do it in a thoughtful manner.
How to access the cases:
- Go to http://www.med-u.org/student-community
- Click <Go to Cases> in the left frame
- At the login page, click the second button: <Registration>
- Enter your medical school email address (must end in med.unc.edu to work)
- The system will email you a login and password to use