To produce compassionate and scholarly physicians who will become leaders in their chosen field. At the completion of residency our graduates will be superbly prepared to begin a career as a generalist or to pursue further training as a subspecialist.
- To provide a comprehensive, well-integrated training experience in internal medicine and pediatrics
- To provide a combined Med/Peds continuity clinic experience where residents serve as the primary physician for a panel of pediatric and adult patients over the course of their training
- To foster compassionate delivery of health care and to offer opportunities to work with underserved populations both locally and internationally
- To provide a collegial environment where residents feel supported, especially as related to their unique individual goals
- To promote an atmosphere of scholarly inquiry where residents participate in quality improvement and research projects
- To promote med/peds faculty development and to support the mentoring of med/peds residents