General Contact Information:
Division of Genetics and Metabolism Office Phone: (919) 966-4202, Fax: (919) 966-3025
Please click on the Appointments/Parking Tips tab above for more information on appointments and referrals.
Clinic Times and Locations
N.C. Children's Specialty Clinic
Located at N.C. Children's Hospital
- General Genetics and Metabolism Clinic
- Metabolism Clinic
- Mitochondrial Clinic
First Thursday of the month
- Galactosemia Clinic
Third Thursday of the month
- Angelman Syndrome Clinic
First Friday of even months
Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities
Located on Renee Lynne Court, Carrboro, NC
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Clinic
First Thursday of even months
- Angelman Syndrome Clinic
First Thursday of odd months
N.C. Children's Speciality Clinic- Raleigh
Located on Rex Healthcare Campus
- General Genetics Clinic
First, Second, Third Tuesday of the month
Second Friday of the month
Making Referrals and Appointments:
- Referring doctor's offices should call (984) 974-1401 to give the referral information and register patients.
- Referring doctor’s office should then fax medical records to (919) 966-3025.
- After a referral is made, patients can call (984) 974-1401 to schedule an appointment. Patients can also self-refer and make an appointment after pre-registering by calling the above phone number.
- For urgent appointments (as in the case of children under six months, new diagnosis, abnormal chromosome results or pregnant mother), the appointment desk will triage the inquiry to the division to see if an earlier appointment is possible or needed.
- For galactosemia, Prader-Willi Syndrome and Angelman Sydnrome appointments, patients should call (919) 966-4202.
- For appointment cancellations and rescheduling, patients should call (984) 974-1401 as soon as possible.
For N.C. Children's Hospital
Public parking is available in the Dogwood parking deck across from the hospital and at the Ambulatory Care Center (ACC) on Mason Farm Road (reference UNC Health Care's parking map) at a cost of $1.50 an hour or fraction thereof, to a maximum of $10 to park your vehicle for a full day. The Dogwood deck offers a convenient shuttle service between the parking deck and hospitals. Those parking in the ACC lot may take advantage of the ACC busline to and from the hospitals. Both transport services are free of charge.
NOTE: The Hospital Parking Office (located adjacent to the valet station in front of the Children's Hospital) sells all-day parking coupons for $10 each. Coupon enables patients and visitors to enter and leave the deck multiple times throughout the day without acquiring extra charges.
Valet parking is available at a cost of $12 per vehicle. The hospital valet service is located in the building in front of the N.C. Children's Hospitals (follow the signage). Valet coupons may be purchased from the valet cashier in books of five for $50, a savings of $10.
Payment for the Dogwood Deck or valet can be made by cash, credit or debit card.
Parking at the N.C. Children's Specialty Clinic in Raleigh is available in the Rex visitor parking deck for an hourly fee.
Free parking is available at the Carolina Institute for Developmental Disabilities for the Prader-Willi Syndrome and Angelman Syndrome clinics.