Books for Families
Newborn Intensive Care: What Every Parent Needs to Know
by Jeanette Zaichkin, RNC, MN.
Publisher: NICU Ink.
Order online at The Academy and NICU Ink Bookstore.
Preemies: The Essential Guide for Parents of Premature Babies
by Dana Wechsler Linden et al.
Available for purchase online through Amazon.com.
Web sites for Families and Health Care Professionals
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- PEDIATRICS Journal
- Family Support Network of North Carolina
- Neonatology on the Web
- North Carolina Healthy Start Foundation
- St. Joseph’s Hospital, The Center for Pediatric Feeding and Swallowing
- La Leche League International, breastfeeding support
- Our Kids: Devoted to Raising Special Kids with Special Needs
- National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- Bridges for Kids, building partnerships between families, schools, and communities
- Mothers of Supertwins, supporting multiple birth families every step of the way
- Postpartum Support International
- Pregnancy Loss and Infant Death Alliance
- Center for Loss in Multiple Birth
Financial & Healthcare Access Issues
- Family Voices, for children and youth with special health care needs
- Perinatal Hospice
- Honored Babies
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, providing infant remembrance photography for families experiencing neonatal death
- Compassionate Passages, provides advocacy, education, and research to assist families, health care providers, and the community in being supportive during and after the death of a child
Many Web resources were identified in the book Parenting Your Premature Baby and Child. Davis, D.L. and M.T. Stein (2004). Golden, Colorado; Fulcrum Publishing.