UNC Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation provides hope by restoring every patient to a life that is as full and rewarding as possible. Our mission — and our passion — is to maximize functional abilities, minimize secondary conditions and improve overall quality of life along the journey to recovery.
We invite you to partner with us in this devotion to duty.
By making a donation to UNC Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, you can help:
- Expand clinical programs and research to enhance patient care and independence
- Establish a patient care scholarship fund for individuals who need help with equipment costs, daily living expenses and prescription needs
- Enhance educational training of our residents, the future generation of physiatrists
- Train our staff in new techniques to ensure that our patients are being exposed to the latest advances in rehabilitation medicine
How to Make a Gift
Gifts by Credit Card
Gifts by credit card are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. For security reasons, we elect not to accept credit card information through email or hard copy. For your protection, please make your credit card donations via the secure Medical Foundation site. Once on that site:
- In the department/division field, click on "Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation - General Fund."
- If you would like to support a particular program, please fill out the "comment" field with the name of the program.
Gifts by Check
Gifts by check are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law. We will send an acknowledgment letter to thank you for your donation, which can be used when filing your tax return. You may designate your donation to any of the following areas listed below.
Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
101 Manning Drive
Room N1183 Memorial Hospital, CB 7200
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7200
Designations include the following:
- PM&R General Fund
- Global Partnership in Medical Rehabilitation
- Pediatric Rehabilitation/TelAbility
- Program on Integrative Medicine
- Residency Program
- Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Other Designation: __________________________________________________
Gifts in Honor or Memory of a Friend or Loved One
If you wish to make a gift in memory of a loved one or friend, please indicate your request in writing. For memorial or honorary gifts, please include the name and address to receive notification of your gift.
Planned giving refers to charitable gifts that are arranged as an integral part of an individual’s financial or estate planning and are executed over an extended period of time or at some point in the future. Planned giving vehicles can provide current tax benefits and revenue streams. Gift plans can be funded through funds such as stock and securities, appreciated assets, or life insurance policies.
You may make your gift through a pledge that can be paid in installments over a period of months or years.
For more information, please call 984-974-0298