Congratulations to the Department of Cell Biology & Physiology, ranked 3rd in the country in NIH funding!
The department was formed in July 2012 through the merger of the Department of Cell & Developmental Biology and the Department of Cell & Molecular Physiology. The new department brings together two strong traditions of excellence in basic science and translational research, and in pre- and post-doctoral training, including undergraduate, graduate and medical education.
The department currently houses two PhD programs: the Program in Cell & Molecular Physiology and the Program in Cell & Developmental Biology. In addition, a number of members of the department also train PhD students through the Neurobiology Curriculum and the Genetics and Molecular Biology Curriculum.
- Upcoming Events
- Seminar: Peter Penzes, PhD Oct 30, 2014 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM — 1131 Bioinformatics
- Seminar: Chris Dekaney, PhD Nov 03, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Seminar: Mohamed Trebak, PhD Nov 10, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
- Seminar: Bo Li, PhD Nov 17, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Seminar: CBP 2nd Year Students, Research in Progress Seminar Nov 24, 2014 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
Spencer Smith attended the White House BRAIN Initiative Meeting on September 30, 2014
Philpot and Zylka featured on UNC TV
Ben Major receives The V Foundation funding
Dr. Philpot receives honorary diploma from the Faculty of Medicine at the Universidad Andrés Bello in Santiago, Chile for his distinguished research in Angelman syndrome
Spencer Smith receives funding to create new microscope as part of BRAIN Initiative