Maintenance & Services

Most School of Medicine staff work in buildings owned and maintained by the University, and are serviced by UNC Facilities Services Division whose many shops and resources are available through their Web site,

Repairs: Contact UNC Facilities Services to place a work order at 919-962-3456, or go to the Web site listed above, click on Request Service/Campus Maintenance. As needed, the Planning Office can assist you with assessing the problem, defining a scope of work to request, and explaining the steps involved.

Cleaning: Same Web site as above, click on Request Service/Housekeeping.

Environmental Health & Safety: For guidelines, assistance with chemicals or other hazardous materials, and radiation safety, call 919-962-5507 or go to

Hospital Buildings: If you work on campus in a hospital or healthcare system building, contact the hospital’s Plant Engineering office, 919-966-5211 for general assistance or call 919-966-4484 to submit a work order.

Leased Properties: If you do not already have contact info for servicing your leased site, contact the Planning Office, as services vary by location.

Temporary Access: If you need to borrow a key for temporary use (storage, advance planning, renovations, etc.) contact the Planning Office to borrow keys. For temporary or after-hours badge access, call 919-843-3787 or refer to I.D. Badges and Building Access section.