Mar 01, 2014
from 09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
|Where||The Farm at Penny Lane in Chatham County|
|Contact Name||Ariel Reynolds|
UNC Staff and other volunteers.
|Add event to calendar||
The UNC Center for Excellence in Community Mental Health's Farm at Penny Lane is gearing up for its spring planting season and needs some help with a few tasks.
Join UNC staff and other volunteers at The Farm at Penny Lane on Saturday March 1st from 9AM – 12PM to assist with the following:
• Clear weeds and plant buckwheat to feed our bees
• Help prepare and turn our winter crop beds for planting
• Plant blackberry bushes and wildflowers
• Construct a newly donated, large greenhouse
If bring any tools you have on hand, be sure to label all tools that you bring. Tools that would be useful include:
• Sheering scissors
• Wrenches (varying sizes)
• Other basic toolbox items
Refreshments and water will be provided.
For additional information contact: Ariel Reynolds at email@example.com or