At the UNC Center for Excellence in Community Health, we provide the latest evidence-based behavioral individual and group therapy for our clients/patients. As part of a major research university, our clinicians have access to world-class behavioral research.
At the initial visit to our clinic, all clients/patients receive a detailed history and assessment of their current functioning. Clients/patients then receive a recommendation for services, which may include individual or group psychotherapy.
Types of Individual or Group Behavioral Therapy offered include:
- Supportive therapy with focus on recovery management interventions
- Cognitive behavior therapy
- Insight oriented therapy
Treatment conditions include:
- Psychotic disorders requiring stabilization and rehabilitation
- Co-occurring substance use disorders
- Depression or anxiety
- Coping with loss or suffering