Phone: (919) 966-4635
B.A, English, University of Notre Dame
Post Baccalaureate Premedical Program Goucher College
M.D., University of North Carolina School of Medicine
Residency, General Psychiatry, University of North Carolina Department of Psychiatry
Fellowship, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of North Carolina Department of Psychiatry
Dr. Ursano is the Associate Director of Training of UNCH Child Psychiatry Residency, Associate Director of the Child Psychiatry Outpatient Clinic at CRH, and Co Director of Wake Pediatric Behavioral Clinic where she works as staff psychiatrist as well. Across these settings, Dr. Ursano assists in the planning and implementation of training experiences for the child fellows, UNC Medical students and other trainees. Additionally, Dr. Ursano, provides diagnostic evaluations and treatment (psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy) for outpatient clinic children and their families. She is active in the UNC School of Medicine serving on the Admissions Committee and Directing the Psychiatry Portion of the MS2 Brain and Behavior Course. Finally, Dr. Ursano has a long history of representing UNC locally and nationally in organizations such as the American Psychiatric Association and the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Dr. Ursano currently serves on the American Psychiatric Foundation Board of Directors and the APA Council of Children, Adolescents and Families.
- Ursano, AM (2012). An Early-Career Perspective on Work, Parenthood and Leadership. In: Norris DM, Jayaram G, Primm AB (eds.) Women In Psychiatry, American Psychiatric Publishing, pp. 43-54.
- Ursano AM, Ursano RJ (2010). The Psychotherapies: Principles and Techniques. In L Roberts (ed), Clinical Psychiatry for Medical Students and Residents, Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, pp 417-443.
- Ursano, RJ and Ursano AM. (2009). Brief Individual Dynamic Psychotherapies. In: Gelder M, Lopez J, Andreasan N, Lopez-Ibor(eds.) New Oxford Textbook of Psychiatry 5th Edition, Oxford University Press, pp 105-115.
- Ursano AM, Kartheiser PH, Barnhill JB (2008). Disorders Usually First Diagnosed in Infancy and Childhood. In: Hales R, Yudofsky S, Gabbard G (eds.), Textbook of Psychiatry, Fifth Edition, American Psychiatric Publishing Inc., pp 861-920.
- Ursano AM, Sonnenberg SM, Ursano RJ (2008). Physician-Patient Relationship. In: Tasman A, Kay J and Lieberman J (eds.), Psychiatry, Third Edition, John Wiley & Sons