The Partial Hospitalization Program provides day-long programming from 8:00 am to 6:30 pm Monday through Friday. Partial hospitalization includes many of the same features as inpatient treatment but allows for greater freedom. The program is small and focused. We can only include 8 patients at a time to ensure individual attention. Being home in the evening and weekends also gives patients the opportunity to test out the day-to-day challenges of the outside world.
The program includes:
- Consultation with a psychiatrist twice a week
- Individual, group, and family psychotherapy
- Personalized nutritional counseling and meal planning
- Supervised meals and snacks
- Relaxation training and gentle stretching
- Classes at the UNC Hospital School. Classes are designed to provide accredited educational services that meet the unique needs of children and adolescents in our program
Partial Hospitalization programming is recommended for patients who have:
- Successfully completed the inpatient program
- Treatment needs that can be met with a less structured environment than the inpatient program
To learn more about the Partial Hospitalization Program, please contact our intake coordinator, Laurie Gardner, at 984-974-3834. For admission, please complete an intake and fax it to (984) 974-3779.
You can recover from an eating disorder and we can help.