Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Residency Application Requirements
We are thrilled you are interested in applying to the UNC Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Program! Applications must be submitted through ERAS and are due by September 1st, with supporting documents due no later than September 30th. Please note that applications are usually received during a resident's PGY-3 in anticipation of entry as a PGY-4. Once we have received your completed ERAS file, your application will receive careful consideration for an invitation to interview.
A completed application for residency will include:
- ERAS Common Application Form;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal Statement;
- Dean's Letter;
- Official Medical School Transcripts;
- Official USMLE Transcripts;
- Official ECFMG Status Reports for all international medical graduates (applicants must have a J-1 visa as UNC Health Care does not sponsor H-1B visas);
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from medical professionals (non-residents) with whom you have worked;
- Letters from training directors of all current and/or previous residency programs; and
- Reprints or copies of articles that have been published or officially accepted for publication.
- PDF copies of articles can be emailed to Lesia Irving
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please feel free to contact our coordinators!