Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship Application Requirements
Thank you for your interest in applying to the UNC Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship Program! The program begins to accept applications for PGY-5 positions starting the July prior to the academic year for which the candidate is applying, and applications must be completed by November 30th. Once we have received your file, your application will receive careful consideration for an invitation to interview.
The UNC Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship program participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) but does not use ERAS. A completed application for residency should be emailed to Robin Haring (firstname.lastname@example.org) and will include:
- Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Common Application Form;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Personal Statement / Cover Letter;
- Address interest in Psychosomatic Medicine
- Describe consult-liaison experience
- Explain why the UNC Fellowship is appealing for your educational goals
- Official ECFMG Certificate for all international medical graduates;
- Applicants must have completed an accredited psychiatry residency
- Applicants must have a J-1 visa as UNC Health Care does not sponsor H-1B visas
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation;
- Must include one (1) from Program Director
- Please have them emailed directly to Robin Haring by the authors
- Writing Sample (optional)
- Case report
- Research paper
- Literature review
Interviews are conducted on Fridays during September and October in person at UNC-Chapel Hill. Applicants are invited to arrive the day prior to their scheduled interview to join the Training Director and current fellows for a casual dinner. If traveling to Chapel Hill is not feasible, per Training Director discretion, applicants may interview at the Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine Conference in mid-November.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please feel free to contact our coordinators!