***Earn up to $565 for full participation***
Participation in the LOVE (Lactation, Oxytocin and Vascular Endothelium)
3-4 visits to UNC will include:
- Questionnaire and interview about infant feeding
- Questionnaires about your pregnancy, stress, diet, sleep, exercise
- Measurement of weight and body fat
- Measurement of blood pressure and heart rate
- Non-invasive ultrasound measurement of blood flow in your arm
- Fasting blood samples for cholesterol, glucose, insulin, inflammation, and hormones involved in pregnancy, breastfeeding and stress
- At 2 month postpartum visit, you will be asked to feed your baby. We will use ultrasound to measure blood flow in your arm before and after infant feeding.
- Monthly scheduled telephone interviews about infant feeding (~10 minutes each) during the months you do not come to UNC (postpartum months 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11).