Research in the Department of Radiology is grouped into basic sciences and clinical.
In the basic sciences, there are three main research groups that are involved in specific research areas:
- Breast Imaging (headed by Cherie Kuzmiak, DO)
- MRI research (headed by Weili Lin, Ph.D.)
- Radiology Epidemiology Group (headed by Louise Henderson, Ph.D.)
- Translational Imaging Research (Yueh Lee, MD, PhD)
Each of these groups has a variety of research programs that they are conducting, which are described in further detail at their individual program sites.
Clinical research in the Department is conducted by all the clinical divisions. Research is ongoing into:
- Cardiothoracic Diseases (Paul L. Molina, M.D.)
- Pediatric Diseases (Lynn Fordham, M.D.)
- Musculoskeletal Diseases (Jordan Renner, M.D.)
- 3D Computer Rendering of MSK Joints (John Clarke, M.D.)
- Cardiac Imaging and Cardiac Nuclear Medicine (W. Brian Hyslop, M.D., Ph.D.)
- PET/CT Imaging (Terry Wong, M.D. and Amir Khandani, M.D.)
- Neurological Diseases (Mauricio Castillo, M.D., Keith Smith, M.D., Ph.D., Valerie Jewells, M.D., Yueh Z. Lee, M.D., Ph.D.)
- Abdominal and Pelvic Genito-urinary CT and MRI
- Ultrasound (Wui Chong, M.D.)
- Abdominal and Pelvic MRI (Richard Semelka, M.D.)
- Vascular Interventional Research (Charles Burke, M.D.)
The Vice Chair for Clinical Research is J. Keith Smith, M.D., Ph.D., and the Vice Chair for Basic Research is Weili Lin, Ph.D. Interested parties can contact the above described researchers via their assigned departmental assistants.
**For Research Opportunities, click HERE.**