Noam VanderWalde, MD
- Undergraduate: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
Honors and Awards
- Children's Hospital of Los Angeles/USC Keck School of Medicine Summer Oncology Fellowship program, 2006
- Alpha Omega Alpha Postgraduate Award, 2012
- Travel award to attend the ASCO/AACR Vail Workshop in “Methods in Clinical Cancer Research”, 2012
- Travel award to attend the Joint Hematology-Oncology/Radiation Oncology November Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology Conference and the Cancer & Aging Research Group U13 Conference, 2012
Geriatric oncology; Health Services research; Head and neck, breast and lung cancers
(as of 5/15/13)
- Vanderwalde NA, Fleming M, Weiss J, Chera BS. Treatment of older patients with head and neck cancer: a review. The Oncologist, 2013 May 1. [Epub ahead of print], PMID:23635557.
- Rackoff A, Schenkel S, VanderWalde N. Woman with persistent cough. J Emerg Med 44(1):e71-72, 2013. PMID: 22075537.
- VanderWalde N, Jones E, Kimple R, Moore D, Demore N, Sartor C, Ollila D. Phase II study of pre-excision single dose intraoperative radiation therapy (IORT) for early stage breast cancers: six year update with application of the ASTRO Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation Consensus Statement criteria. Cancer 119(9):1736-1743, 2013. PMID: 23361892
- VanderWalde NA, Fried DV, Kostich MV, Schreiber EC, Chera BS. A dosimetric study of the effect of patient positioning on the incidental radiation dose to the larynx for patients treated for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. (Abstract.) American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, October, 2012. (Poster presentation.)
- VanderWalde NA, Meyer AM, Zullig LL, Tyree SD, Carpenter WR, Weissler MC, Shores CG, Hayes N, Chera BS. Patterns of care in elderly patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a SEER-Medicare Analysis. (Abstract.) American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, June, 2012. (Poster presentation.)
- Neuner G, Mohiuddin M, VanderWalde N, Goulobeva O, Ha J, Yu C, Regine W. High dose spatially fractionated GRID radiation therapy (SFGRT): a comparison of treatment outcomes with Cerrobend vs. MLC SFGRT. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82(5):1642-1649, 2012. PMID: 21531514.
- VanderWalde N, Tyree S, Meyer AM, Carpenter W, Muss H, Shores C, Weissler M, Hayes N, Chera B. SEER-Medicare Analysis of Patterns of Care for Elderly Patients with Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck. (Abstract.) Multidisciplinary Head and Neck Cancer Symposium, Phoenix, AZ, January, 2012. (Poster presentation.)
- VanderWalde NA, Ollila DW, DeMore NK, Moore DT, Kimple RJ, Kuzmiak CM, Pavic D, Sartor CI, Lian J, Jones EL. Local recurrence outcomes in Phase II clinical trial using single dose intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) before surgical excision of early-stage breast cancer. (Abstract.) American Society for Radiation Oncology Annual Meeting, Miami, FL, October, 2011. (Oral presentation.)
- VanderWalde N, Moore K, Bernheimer J. Paraneoplastic cerebellar degeneration in a patient with unknown primary tumor (Abstract.) American College of Physicians Maryland Region Annual Associates Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland, May, 2010. (Poster presentation.)
- Butturini A, Jacob M, Aguajo J, VanderWalde N, Villablanca J, Jubran R, Epstein A, Marachelian A, Dhall G, Finlay J. High-dose chemotherapy and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplant in children with recurred medulloblastoma and supratentorial primitive neuro-ectodermal tumors: the impact of prior radiotherapy on post transplant outcome. Cancer 115(13):2956-2963, 2009. PMID: 19402050.