Right to Confidential and Alternative Communications

A patient has the right to request how and where they are contacted. UNC HCS must accommodate reasonable requests, which must be in writing.

If you receive such a request from a patient, you should ask the patient to complete the "Request for Alternative Means or Location for Confidential Communications" form and forward the completed form to your Privacy Officer.