- G. H. Brieger - The Development of Surgery. In Sabiston's Textbook of Surgery. WB Saunders.
- John H. Davis - Our Surgical Heritage. In Clinical Surgery. CV Mosby, 1987.
- Harold Ellis - Famous Operations. 1989. Harwol Publishing Company, Media, Penn. ISBN-0-032036-11. HSL has 1984 edition in print
- Womack, Nathan A. - A Brief Background of Surgery. In Cole and Elman, Textbook of Surgery. 7th Edition. Appleton, Century, Crofts, 1959. Library of Congress 59-5263. HSL has this edition in print
- Zimmerman and Veith - Great Ideas in the History of Surgery. Williams and Wilkins, 1961. Library of Congress 61-12938. HSL has this edition in print
- Kagarise MJ, Thopmas CG Jr. Legends and Legacies - Four Decades of Surgery at UNC/CH 1952-1993. ISBN O 9653036-0-8, 1997. HSL has this edition in print
More Books on the history of general surgery from the Health Sciences Library