- Submit all paperwork as far in advance as possible.
- Obtain PID, coordinated by Surgery HR.
- Obtain Onyen, have new employee/user go to https://onyen.unc.edu and create Onyen (If the new employee/user has previous affiliation with UNC then they may already have an Onyen which will only need to be reactivated.)
- HIPAA training, accessible from http://www.med.unc.edu/hipaa/ [Prerequisite: Onyen] Submit HIPAA training certificate to Surgery IT. If the new user is a hospital employee we will accept confirmation of HIPAA training on new user form.
- Complete and submit Surgery IT: New User Request Form
- If a SOM e-mail account is required Surgery IT will submit a request for it after Onyen creation and submission of the New User request form. (This may take several days.)
- Schedule time for new employee to meet with IT Support. User must be available for PC configuration and orientation.
- If EPIC or other hospital/clinical application access requested a “UNC Hospital Domain/Citrix Account” is required See page 2 of the new user request form. After this account is created instructions will be provided for required training.
Note: Except in isolated situations, Surgery network access is limited to Surgery employees.
Any questions, please call IT Support at 3-7090.