Medical Student Recognition
- George F. Sheldon, MD, Award (previously titled the Hugh Williamson, MD, Award for Excellence in Surgery)
At the end of each academic year, the Department of Surgery recognizes those residents who have particularly excelled in academic, clinical, and research endeavors.
- Alpha Omega Alpha Award, Honor Medical Society
- Dr. Robert Cefalo House Officer Award (previously known as the House Officer Award)
- Eskelund Award
- H. Max Schiebel, MD, Award for Surgical Professionalism
- Henry C. Fordham Award
- Herbert J. Proctor Award for Excellence in Surgical Research
- In-Service Award
- Joe Messick, MD, Memorial Award
- Kaiser Permanente Excellence in Teaching Award
- Nathan A. Womack Scholar Award
Staff Excellence Award
Each year the Department of Surgery will recognize two outstanding SPA staff members.