Assistant Professor of Surgery
Co-Director, ECMO Program, UNC Hospitals
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
3040 Burnett-Womack Bldg., CB #7065
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7065
Office phone: 919-966-3382
Pediatric heart surgery; heart surgery in newborns and low birth weight infants; adult congenital heart surgery; ECMO.
Ross procedure in children; post-cardiotomy ECMO; pediatric cardiac assist devices.
- ACGME fellow in congenital cardiac surgery, C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2012-2013
- Thoracic Surgery Residency (Cardiothoracic Track), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 2010-2012
- General Surgery Residency, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC, 2005-2010
- M.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 2005
- Externship in Cardiac Surgery, Imperial College School of Medicine National Heart and Lung Institute, Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust, London, UK, 2002
- B.S. in Biology (Distinction) (Minors: Chemistry, Comparative Literature), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, 2000