Our pediatric plastic and craniofacial surgeons are active participants in the UNC Craniofacial Center. In our center, we are committed to providing comprehensive care in the diagnosis and management of all pediatric craniofacial problems. As a result of this committment, our center has become one of the busiest craniofacial centers regionally, drawing patients from across North Carolina and the eastern United States.
Our pediatric plastic and craniofacial surgeons care for children with a variety of diagnoses, including:
- Cleft lip and palate
- Positional plagiocephaly
- Craniosynostosis syndromes such as Apert, Pfeiffer, Crouzon, Saethre-Chotzen, Carpenter and Muenke syndromes
- Other craniofacial syndromes such as Goldenhar, Velocardiofacial and Treacher-Collins syndromes
- Congenital malformations of the limbs such as complex and simple syndactylies and finger duplications
- Hemifacial microsomia
- Orthognathic problems
- Ear deformities
- Large pigmented or vascular skin lesions such as nevi, port wine stains and arteriorvenous malformations
- Facial paralysis requiring facial reanimation
- Pediatric burn injuries
We understand that confronting one of these complex problems can be a source of significant stress and anxiety for both your child and your entire family. We are committed to helping ease that burden by answering your questions and providing a highly individualized plan of care for your child.