Research Professor of Chemistry
- BS, Auburn University at Montgomery, 1980
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1984
- Residency in Internal Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, 1984-1987
- Fellowship in Internal Medicine, Stanford Center for Research in Disease Prevention, Stanford University, 1988-1990
- Fellowship in Rheumatology, Stanford University Hospital, 1990-1993
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Physiology and Biophysics, University of California at Irvine, 1995-1998
Dr. Sims’ current research is aimed at the development of cell-based assays and microfabricated technologies for clinical and biomedical applications. His clinical interest is in the area of general rheumatology.