UNC Thurston Arthritis Research Center
For over 25 years, Thurston has served as the only comprehensive arthritis research center for the people of North Carolina. Located at the renowned UNC School of Medicine, we apply an integrated approach of teaching, research and clinical practice to advance science through clinical trials, laboratory research and community-based studies, and to translate the knowledge into improved patient care.
Our outpatient clinics allow us to attract a diverse patient population. We are fully equipped to conduct clinical trials from Phase I- IV. We utilize the facilities of the Clinical and Translational Reseacrh Center (CTRC) located in UNC Hopsitals. Our facilites have dedicated research rooms, a full-time research coordinator, nursing staff and laboratory staff to collect and process samples.
CLINICAL TRIALS RESEARCH TEAM
Clinical Trials Coordinator
Clinical Trials Coordinator
Lupus Clinical Trials Coordinator
RESEARCH TEAM COMMITTED TO SUCCESS
- Research team with clinical trial experience across a wide range of therapeutic areas
- Principal investigators are actively involved in all aspects of the clinical trials process
- UNC infrastructure to support clinical trials
- Regulatory specialists
- Experienced recruitment team
- Network of clinical research coordinators
AREAS OF CLINICAL & RESEARCH EXPERTISE
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome
- Enteropathic arthritis
- Inflammatory myopathies
- Psoriatic arthiritis
- Reactive arthritis
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Sjogren’s syndrome
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
PATIENT POPULATION TO ENSURE SUCCESS
- Our researchers have a robust population from which to recruit patients for clinical trials, with over 10,000 annual rheumatology clinic visits.
- As a referral center for patients in state as well as from outside of North Carolina, we frequently see more complicated cases and patients who have been refractory to standard therapies.
- Our researchers work in a collaborative manner with researchers from multiple disciplines.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
One of the Nation’s Top Public Research Universities
A strong culture that highly encourages collaborative interdisciplinary work (team science)
Five outstanding health science schools on campus (medicine, pharmacy, dental, nursing and public health)
Centers and Institutes that bring together interdisciplinary teams to focus on major research areas
Clinical trials outpatient and inpatient units, as well as research conducted through many other clinics in the UNC Health Care system and Practice-Based Research Networks across North Carolina
Patients from all 100 North Carolina counties and throughout the Southeast receive care at UNC Hospitals. This 803-bed facility cares for more than 37,000 patients each year.
TO PARTNER WITH THE UNC THURSTON ARTHRITIS RESEARCH CENTER, PLEASE CONTACT:
UNC THURSTON ARTHRITIS RESEARCH CENTER
For Arthritis trials, contact Diane Bresch at 919-966-0545 or email@example.com
For Lupus trials, contact Julie Norfleet at 919-843-6619 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3300 Thurston Bldg., CB# 7280
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7280
Download the brochure of the information above