With over 80 spaces to manage scheduling, technology, and support, our team can use all of the help we can get. Below are some useful things that you can do to ensure we are able to help you best. For more complex events, we appreciate advanced notice to be able to provide the resources you need.
- Head Count: During the planning of your event, try to obtain an accurate estimate of how many people you expect to attend. With limited spaces of various sizes, we want to be sure to accommodate you in a space where you'll fit comfortably.
- Determine A/V Needs: Most of our spaces are equipped with at least projector and PC. Other items are limited and distributed among the rooms. This can include:
- VGA or HDMI Laptop Connections
- Document Cameras
- Lecture Capture Devices
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Additional Microphones
- Chairs or Tables for panels
- Microsoft Lync or other Video Conferencing
- Need Help?: Determine if you would like to specially request support for setting up your event. Many events in our larger spaces have support available at the start of events, but depending on staffing, priority will be given to those who specifically request support. Please specify your exact start time in your reservation so that we can allow adequate time for on-site support.
- Make Your Reservation: Submit a reservation for the event with your preferred room, your accurate head count, any special A/V Needs, and a request for assistance if you need it. For after-hours and weekend events, be sure to consider the steps listed here. You may also like to pass on a copy of your agenda for longer events so that we will be able to check in throughout the event if you request support. Please notify OIS Scheduling if you must cancel your event or change the time in advance.
- Communicate with Presenters: Be sure that presenters are aware of what is available to them in the space that is reserved. We recommend that presenters always have backups of their presentation available (online or on a flash drive) in the case their laptop does not work with our system. Also, be very sure to make them aware if lecture capture is in use or you will be broadcasting using videoconferencing or Microsoft Lync.
Day of Event
- Show Up: Show up for the event at the time you reserved the room. Your tech support will be present at that time to help you set up the A/V in the room.
- Note the Location of the Intercom: There is an intercom in every room to call for remote support. The intercom also displays our support phone number. Save this number in the case you need help during your event.
- Save Presentations: It is best to put all presentations on the PC before the event begins and run through them with the presenter to ensure all works well. If they are using their own device, compatibility can also be checked at this time.
- Begin Your Event!: You've reserved your room, you've verified everything works, and now all you can do is let your event happen. If anything goes wrong, you can call for tech support using the intercom or our support phone number. We can remotely access most systems or walk you through how to fix something. If that fails, we can dispatch someone to your location depending on staff availability.
- Clean Up!: We don't expect you to sweep and mop, but please make sure you take anything you brought into the room with you back out. If you moved tables or chairs, you are expected to return them to how they were originally. Also, clear the podium of anything left behind by your presenters.
- Shut Down: Help us keep our equipment in working order by shutting off the projector. This will usually be using an "Off", "System Exit", or "Power" button on the control panel for the room.
- Give Feedback: Keep us updated on the conditions of the rooms and the quality of our service. Contact Classroom Support and make us aware of any problems encountered, or to let us know that everything is working well.