Medical Students

4th Year Elective Requirements for Urology Visiting Student Rotations

Students must be attending a medical school accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME).  To find out if your medical school is LCME accredited, visit their website

Students must complete all requirements of UNC School of Medicine - Student Affairs for visiting students and apply through VSAS in order to be considered for a Urology rotation.

Curriculum vitae and medical school transcript will be obtained through VSAS but applicants must provide additional information requested below to:

Education Programs Coordinator
Department of Urology
2113 Physicians Office Bldg CB 7235
Chapel Hill NC 27599-7235

Or via email:

  1. Letter or email with dates of rotation request, please give alternative rotation request, be sure to include your USMLE Step 1 Score
  2. Personal statement
  3. Letter of recommendation from urology advisor

Your CV and transcript will be obtained through VSAS.  Once all items are available they are reviewed by the Urology Residency Program Director Eric Wallen, MD and applicants will be notified of their application status via email.  If an applicant is approved for rotation, he or she must contact the Student Affairs Office, 919-843-7095, to finalize visiting student requirements.

The Student Affairs Office will confirm placement in a rotation after the appropriate application process has been completed and the rotation dates have been approved.  For additional information regarding the visiting student process please visit the Student Affairs Office website at:

AUA - National Medical Student Core Curriculum


Residents at Lunch