The 454 GS Junior System brings the power of 454 Sequencing technology directly to research laboratory bench top. Benefit from the same proven long-read sequencing performance as the Genome Sequencer FLX System, scaled to suit the needs of individual labs. Quickly proceed from DNA to data to discovery with a simple sample preparation workflow, overnight sequencing and data processing, and a dedicated suite of data analysis software.
("JS Junior: Instrument and Workflow." 454 Sequencing. N.p., n.d. Web. 10 Nov 2011. <http://www.gsjunior.com/instrument-workflow.php)
Current services offered by the Vironomics Core
● Set-up PicoTiterPlate and sequence on GS Junior
● Shotgun sequencing OR Amplicon sequencing
● Reagent Procurement
● Provide protocols
● Library/amplicon quality and quantification equipment
● QC and Maintenance of the GS Junior
● Provide data in .fna (sequence of contigs, FASTA format), .qual (corresponding Phred equivalent quality score), .sff (stored flowgram data)
● 2 years of data back-up
What you are responsible for…
● Meeting guidelines for sequencing sample submission
● Library preparation (Optional for amplicon sequencing)
● Emulsion-based clonal amplification (emPCR amplification)
Please inquire with the lab manager on fees for the service.
Go to our online ordering page. UNC clients will need to sign-in. Find the Vironomics Core at the bottom of the page and then select the "Vironomics: Sequencing Bench Schedule" under the Timeshares section. Please click on the desired day and request activity and time on the pop-up. Once all calendar requests are complete, please Checkout along the left side and proceed to fill in the relevant fields. (Note: Use object code 3918 at the end of the page) Finally, place the order. The Vironomics Core Manager will contact you with approvals.
● We recommend going to www.my454.com , Roche sequencing web-site, and registering for an account. This will give you access to online protocols, research guides, technical bulletins, etc. Note: You will need to use your .edu email for this, also registration approval can take several weeks. Please contact the Vironomics Core if you need materials before your access is granted.
● Keep technical support phone number handy, they are available for questions, support, and troubleshooting. Roche Technical Support phone number: 1-800-262-4911
● For data analysis questions or suggestions please contact Dongmei Yang at 919-843-5292 or email@example.com (please CC firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact the Vironomics core for questions, scheduling, and sample submission guidelines.
Vironomics Core Manager: Marcia Sanders, 919-843-5292, email@example.com