- To replace a file (Word document, PDF file, PowerPoint presentation, etc.) with an updated version, navigate to the file you wish to replace / update (usually located in the Files folder at the root of your site).
- Click the Edit tab on the green menu bar.
- Select the radio button next to Replace with new file.
- Click Browse. A File Upload window will appear.
- In the File Upload window, navigate to the new file on your computer that you wish to upload. Select it, and click Open.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Save.
- Your file has been updated.
Note: These changes are immediately visible to most users of your site; however, they may not be immediately visible to you. The Web System uses a caching system to enhance the loading speed of School of Medicine pages. Your computer's system cache temporarily holds on to the information on your site, so that it can be loaded more quickly the next time that it is needed. It may take up to 24 hours for your computer to update its system cache, and to stop showing you the old information. For more information, see our article on 'Browser Cache Issue.'