- To add a link, navigate to the folder in which you want the link to reside.
- On the green menu bar, click add new... and then select link from the drop-down menu (you must be logged in to see the add item menu).
- You will see the Add Link panel.
- In the Title field, enter a title for the link.
- If desired, enter a short description of the link in the Description box. Entering a description is optional, but encouraged. The description appears in search results, in content summary lists, and in hovering text boxes that appear when a user rests the mouse pointer over a title link.
- Type the web address in the URL field. An easier and more precise way would be to copy the address from your browser window and paste it in the URL field.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click save. The main content area automatically switches to the green view tab so that you can review your link.
- To publish your link, click private on the green menu bar and then select publish from the drop-down menu. Your new link is now be visible in the navigation and is accessible to all site visitors.
Tip: New links are displayed in the navigation when they are published. If you want to prevent a folder from appearing in the navigation, see Excluding Items from the Navigation.