- Log in by clicking the "Log In" link located at the top right of the School of Medicine home page. Log in using your Onyen and password.
- Find the Upcoming Events portlet located in the right column of the School of Medicine home page. Click on "upcoming events..." at the bottom of the portlet. This will take you to the School of Medicine's Event calendar.
- In the green bar that appears above the calendar click "add new", then "event."
- If you don't see the green bar then you either haven't logged in or you need to refresh your browser window:
- In Firefox - hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and click on the refresh/reload button in the browser window.
- In IE - hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and hit the F5 key
- Fill out the form fields as completely as possible. All fields marked with a red square () are required.
- Click "save", and then ensure that your event has a state of published, to add it to the SOM home page.
- To add additional events you'll first need to return to the calendar home page. The easiest way to do this is to click on the events link in the breadcrumbs.
Edit An Event
- After logging in, click on "upcoming events..." at the bottom of the Upcoming Events portlet. This will take you back to the School of Medicine's Event calendar.
- Find the event on the calendar.
- To edit the event, right-click (PC) or control+click (Mac) the event, then select "Edit" from the context menu that appears.
- Make the appropriate changes and click "save."
Note: To edit any event added prior to December 21, 2007, contact the OIS Web Support Team or call 966-3519.
Remove An Event
If you added an event to the School of Medicine home page by mistake and want to remove it, please contact the Web Support Team.