Inserting a Table
To insert a table:
- Place the cursor where you'd like the table to appear, and then click the Insert/Edit Table button () in the editor. The Insert/Modify Table dialog appears:
- Class - allows you to choose a predefined style for the table. View examples of all the table styles.
- Cols - The number of vertical columns.
- Rows - The number of horizontal rows.
- Summary - A short summary of the table's content can be added for low/no-vision users who're browsing with special devices.
- You can also add a Table caption. Scrolling horizontally to the middle of the Table Properties dialogue box, click Advanced, & check this option.
- Click Insert.
Editing a Table
To edit an existing table, don't click the Insert/Edit Table button in the editor—that just creates a new table. Instead,
- Right-click (Ctrl-click on a Mac) the table itself in the layout. The editor's context-sensitive menu should appear:
Select an action or properties dialog. Available options include Cell, Row, and Column options, as well as Table Properties, where you can edit the parameters entered when the table was first created.
If applicable, enter desired info, and click OK.
Alternately, you can edit a table using the buttons available in the TinyMCE text editor:
- Insert Row Before
- Insert Row After
- Delete Row
- Insert Column Before
- Insert Column After
- Delete Column
- Split Merged Cells
- Merge Cells
Deleting a Table
To delete an existing table, do one of the following:
- Place the cursor directly after a table and hit backspace.
- Right-click the table and select Delete Table.