Adding Categories to Content Items
Adding a category to a content item (ex., page, image, folder) adds a link just under the content item's title:
Clicking on the link will take users to a page listing all content on your site that also falls under this category:
To add categories:
- Navigate to the page in which you want to add an image.
- Click on the edit tab in the green menu bar (you need to be logged in to see this).
- Click Categorization from the Edit Options:
- Select a category from Existing categories, or create one in the New Category box:
- Once you have added a new category, it will show up in the Existing categories list of all other content items, excepting Events:
Before & after adding the category 'Microsoft Office Documentation'
Events draw their categories from a slightly different list than the list of categories created for other content types. If you have added custom categories to other content types, you will need to re-add them to the list of Event Type(s). This is why the Keywords event is now included in your site's Home folder--it exists to provide an initial list of event types.