1. Create a folder for each group of people (e.g. Faculty, Staff, Research, etc.)
2. Add People
Add a Person profile for each person you want displayed on the website. Each person profile should be placed in their respective folder (e.g. Faculty, Staff, Research, etc.)
To add a profile page for a person, simply select Person from the Add New... drop-down menu.
An Add Person page will display. Notice that this page has a grey bar with tabs. It is in these various tab regions that you will enter the data/information for each person's profile.
The bulk of a person's profile will be entered here.
- Fill in the person's First Name.
- Fill in the person's Last Name and any designations they might have. For example: Smith, PhD.
- Summary - the information entered here will display at the top of the person's profile page as well as in search results.
- Info Box - All of the fields from Title(s)/Affiliation down to the Web Link Text will display below the person's photo (see the example image on the right).
- The Title(s)/Affiliation, Street, City, State, Zip Code, Phone and Email fields are all self-explanatory.
- Click the CV or NIH biosketch button to upload a file (such as a Word document or PDF). This file will be made available for download from the person's bio page.
- Web Link and Web Link Text - these two related fields allow you to provide a link and link title to an external website related to the person. Sites that people often link to include their lab website, their publications on PubMed/Reach NC, or their Find A Doc clinical profile.
- Image - this is where you will upload a person's picture (there is no need to upload personnel photos to the root images folder as you previously needed to). These images should be uploaded to the web system at 188 pixels wide by 250 pixels tall. CAUTION - Any image smaller than these dimensions will be stretched to fill the space and could look pixelated and blurry.
- Body Text - this is where you will put the rest of a person's information. Please ensure you properly format the information, especially with the proper use of headers. Examples of the type of information that our sites display here include:
- Education and Training
- Areas of Interest
- Professional Background
- Awards and Honors
- Research Interests
- Recent Publications
Gallery Information Tab
This is where you will enter the information that will display on the gallery page. There is no need to list the person's name here. The system will automatically list the person's name and link to their bio/profile page. Any additional information that you wish to display in the gallery view will need to be entered here. For consistency, we suggest you provide the same type of information for each person or group of people.
3. The Personnel Gallery
Set the Display of each folder to Personnel Gallery. To do this, you click on the Display drop-down menu on the green bar and select Personnel Gallery.