from 10:00 AM to 02:00 PM
The Database Sources Workshop will introduce participants to various databases available to community members for learning more about health statistics of interest.
Participants will become familiar with NC CATCH, CDC WONDER, BRFSS, YRBSS and other databases to inform research.
By the conclusion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- State reasons data can support your work
- Identify the available databases
- Explain the purpose of each database
- Describe various types of statistics
- Discuss how best to present data
- Describe the basics of statistical significance
The Database Sources will be held on the following dates, and in the following locations. Please click on the links following each date/location to register:
- November 9, 2010 10:00am-2:00pm in Greensboro at the Wesley Long Education Center, 501 N. Elam Avenue, Greensboro, NC 27408. Link: http://tracs.unc.edu/database_sources_greensboro
- November 16, 2010, 11:00-3:00om in Rocky Mount at the Braswell Memorial Library, Rocky Mount, NC. Link: http://tracs.unc.edu/database_sources_rockymount
- November 22, 2010, 10:00am-2:00pm in Raleigh at the Andrews Conference Center, Rooms 6 & 7, Wake Med Raleigh Campus, 3024 New Bern Avenue, 27610. Link: http://tracs.unc.edu/database_sources_wake
Please go to the NC TraCS Database Sources Workshop website to learn more: http://tracs.unc.edu/Database_Sources
These workshops are open to all audiences and provide foundational information to facilitate research, foster partnerships, and build skills. You must receive confirmation of your registration to attend the workshop. Should you have any difficulty accessing this site, or have any questions, please send any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Additional support provided by the University Cancer Research Fund (UCRF)