Apr 26, 2011
from 12:30 PM to 02:00 PM
|Where||Brinkhous-Bullitt Building, Room 219|
|Add event to calendar||
Please join NC TraCS and the UNC Health Sciences Library (HSL) for this workshop designed to answer questions about PubMed Central submission of NIH publications.
SPACE IS LIMITED, PLEASE REGISTER @ http://tracs.unc.edu/PMC_Workshop
This workshop will explain:
- What the NIH Public Access Policy means to you;
- How to comply with the NIH policy;
- Steps for maintaining your copyright;
- How to track NIH Public Access Policy compliance with My NCBI / My Bibliography; and
- Steps for submitting your peer-reviewed final manuscript to PubMed Central
In addition, we will help you submit your publication to PubMed Central via the NIH manuscript submission (NIHMS) system in the hands-on segment of the workshop. SEE BELOW for a list of what you will need to bring if you would like to participate in the hands-on portion of the workshop.
This PMC Submission workshop will be held on a periodic basis depending on interest. Contact TraCS Central at firstname.lastname@example.org for date and time information for subsequent workshops.
In addition to attending this workshop, email the HSL Ask a Librarian service at http://asklib.hsl.unc.edu/ for assistance with questions about the NIH Public Access Policy and PMC submissions.
WHAT TO BRING to participate in hands-on PMC submission portion of this workshop:
- Your eRA Commons username and password
- Journal name (for journal that has accepted your manuscript for publication)
- Manuscript title (for manuscript to be submitted)
- Grant/project numbers (for grants that supported the research reported in your manuscript)
- Manuscript files (for manuscript to be submitted)
- For NIH submission process, bring copies of all files that make up your manuscript. This includes, but is not limited to, the main text of the manuscript, figures, tables, appendices, and supplementary files that were submitted to the accepting journal. Manuscript files may contain figures and tables embedded within. What file types/formats can I use?
You may submit your manuscript and any supporting files in the format(s) required by the accepting journal.