Statewide Falls Prevention Coalition
Every year 1 in 4 older adults will fall. These falls are the leading cause of fatal injuries and the second leading cause of nonfatal injuries according to North Carolina Division of Public Health with an annual cost of $50 Billion dollars. In response, the NC Falls Prevention Coalition was formed with the aim, through education and training, of reducing the number of falls, falls-related injuries, and seriousness of injuries resulting from falls.
Next coalition meeting: Nov 19, 2019 from 1:00- 3:40 pm held at Triangle J Council of Governments 4307 Emperor Blvd. #110 Durham, NC 27703
During 2019 the Coalition will be working on it’s strategic goals.
Local Coalitions in NC include:
- Dare County Falls Prevention Coalition
- The Eastern North Carolina Falls Prevention Coalition email
- High Country Regional Coalition email
- McDowell Balance
- Metrolina Falls Prevention Coalition email
- Piedmont Area Falls Prevention Coalition email
- Region A Health Promotion Coalition email
- Triangle Falls Coalition email
- Western North Carolina Falls Prevention Coalition email
- Yancey-Mitchell Community Fall Prevention