The Office of Communications serves the three missions of the Department of Allied Health Sciences. The office raises the visibility and profile of the department by creating compelling content related to the following: current students, alumni, donors, innovative science and clinical practices, research, and other key areas of emphasis.
Specific objectives include:
1) Development of website news stories, engaging news media, social media, video and photography projects;
2) Facilitating linkages with the UNC School of Medicine, UNC Health Care and the broader University community on a weekly basis;
3) Facilitating linkages with the broader community to include external stakeholders, local and state entities, and the larger allied health community across the country;
4) Collaborations with the DAHS Office of Development to facilitate communication to donors and communication of donor-related events; and
5) Highlighting service and diversity efforts within the DAHS.
The Office of Communications achieves these goals by using a paid, owned, and earned media strategy. These activities facilitate an enhanced understanding of DAHS research, clinical care, and exemplary teaching. Office of Communications work also supports initiatives concerning prospective students, development outreach, and program rankings.