Early Childhood Resources
Includes information on the Bridge Assessment, presentations and handouts, OWL book symbols, ERF Grant materials, and other materials.
- The Bridge Assessment
- The Bridge is an early literacy and language assessment framework based on observation and portfolio development/analysis. Several documents including an experimental version of the Bridge Assessment Tool can be downloaded by clicking on the files below.
- Family Support
- Handouts from Presentations
- Includes handouts on Bridging the Gap, Foundations: NC Early Leaning Standards, early literacy, family foundations, learning the ABCs, development milestones, phonological awareness, prosocial behavior, talking, and writing.
- Tactile Symbols for OWL Books
- Additional Materials
- Includes Boardmaker files, resource lists, book lists, teacher guides, OWL book symbols, Crowd in the Car poster, and Get Ready for School Booklets.
- Teacher Resources