The Division of Clinical Laboratory Science posts position announcements free of charge for alumni of the CLS or MDS programs, MDS Corporate Partners, and CLS or MDS clinical affiliates. Others who wish to post position announcements may do so by making a gift of $100 or more to the CLS Advancement Fund. Click here for information on how to make a gift. The announcement will be posted after the gift is received.
All announcements are reviewed before posting, and this page will be regularly updated, however we cannot be responsible for the accuracy or timeliness of information. Announcements may be submitted via email for posting on this site.
UNC HEALTHCARE - NEW HILLSBOROUGH CAMPUS
Medical Laboratory Technologist I, Second and Third Shifts posted 5/18/2015
NEW hospital campus in Hillsborough, NC, has openings for laboratory technologists. Search for Hillsborough on the UNC career website: https://www.unchealthcare.org/site/humanresources/careers
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST I - HILLSBOROUGH CAMPUS-LAB005F8
For more information contact Brian Burt, Lab Supervisor; UNC Hospitals; 430 Waterstone Dr; Hillsborough, NC 27278
Pager: 919. 216.4946
DUKE UNIVERSITY HEALTH SYSTEM/ DUKE HOSPITAL
Stem Cell Laboratory Tech II, Second Shift posted 2/25/2015
This is a second shift position in the Stem Cell Laboratory, a laboratory of high complexity, at Duke University Health System.
- Operate and maintain complicated laboratory equipment.
- Meticulous record-keeping skills are required. Results must be legible and accurate as they become part of the recipient/donor permanent laboratory record.
- Record data on required NMDP (National Marrow Donor Program) forms, CIBMTR forms, etc. as required by regulatory agencies.
- Enter laboratory data in all applicable LIS system, EMMES, etc.
- Coordinate with coworkers to ensure that processing and infusion orders are prepared in advance for all cellular products being handled in the Stem Cell Laboratory.
- Collaborate with nursing staff to schedule infusion times, etc.
- Process, thaw, and cryopreserve cellular products to include PBPCs, BM, etc.
- Prepare apheresis and infusion orders for signature for adult and pediatric transplant recipients and donors as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in the development of new laboratory procedures and techniques; teach other allied health professionals (in affiliated programs at other transplant centers) when appropriate based on experience level. Help in training new lab employees as requested.
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested by supervisory staff.
Preferred Qualifications include blood banking experience; Bachelor's degree preferred
- AS MLT - Certified, BS MT - Certified, CLIA 1988 grandfathered.
- MLT level requires greater than 4 years of experience and meet defined competencies as described. Non-cert technologist requires meeting CLIA 1988 requirements with 15 years experience, defined competencies and performance of high complexity testing.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
- Certification as a Medical Technologist by a nationally recognized board/agency (required).
For more info/ to apply: http://www.hr.duke.edu/jobs/apply/external.php?reqid=66052BR
Biochemical Genetics Laboratory (PMET) Molecular Tech I, First Shift posted 2/26/2015
The successful candidate will perform complex analytical chemical and technical work involved in the preparation, analysis and reporting of human biological material for specialized analytical biochemical genetics assays, according to standard operation procedures:
- Sample preparation may include any of the following operations, singly or in combination on submitted fluids (including blood or body fluids): liquid extraction, solid phase extraction, centrifugation, deproteinization and chemical derivatization.
- Operation and general maintenance of complex computerized analytical equipment is required for the analysis of prepared samples. Instrumentation includes: gas chromatograph-mass spectrometer, tandem mass spectrometer, amino acid analyzer,high or ultra-performance liquid chromatograph,fluorometric, spectrophotometric and electrophoretic equipment.
- Reporting results may include any of the following: generation of quantitative results using instrument manufacturer specific software and Excel software, generation of qualitative profiles by interpretation of mass spectra. Entering preliminary interpretations including case specific comments pertaining to quality of specimens and maintaining quality control and assay-specific records.
- Other responsibilities may include general laboratory specific duties such as cleaning glassware, record keeping, participation in weekly lab meetings, participation in the development of new clinical assays and the validation of those assays including performance of testing or analysis.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist, MLS(ASCP) certification and Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science OR
- BS degree in Chemistry or a Biological Science that included chemistry classes is required (BS in Chemistry preferred) and a MB(ASCP) certification or equivalent.
- General scientific knowledge obtained during the course of obtaining a Bachelor of Science degree and general skills / experience obtained during the course of working in a laboratory environment.
- Experience and skill with the use and maintenance of analytical equipment, especially high performance liquid chromatographs and/or mass spectrometers are desirable and preferred for the Biochemical Genetics Laboratory.
- Experience of working in a clinically regulated environment through course rotations or prior work experience.
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel are also desired for the Biochemical Genetics laboratory.
For more info/ to apply: http://www.hr.duke.edu/jobs/apply/external.php?reqid=66618BR
Current Listings may be found at http://www.unchealthcare.org/site/humanresources/employment
STATE OF NC
Current Office of State Personnel Listings may be found at http://www.osp.state.nc.us/jobs/
VA HOSPITAL - DURHAM
Through an Affiliation Agreement, UNC CLS students participate in training rotations at the Durham VAMC Laboratory. The Durham VA Laboratory encourages the new Graduates who are interested in a career at the VA to contact the Lab Manager at 919-286-0411 ext. 6496.