Phone: (919) 843-4471
- BA, Tulane University
- MHS, Rehabilitation Counseling: University of Florida
- ScD, Rehabilitation Science: Boston University
Community integration and resource use for people with physical and psychiatric disabilities; spatial analysis of accessibility and the environment using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- CRMH Practicum in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- CRMH Career Development and Employment: Counseling Persons with Disabilities
- CRMH Introduction to Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling with People with Developmental Disabilities and Psychiatric Disabilities
Bagatell N, Chan DV, Karrat K, Thorpe D. (2017). “Thrust into adulthood”: Transition experiences of young adults with cerebral palsy. Disability and Health Journal, 10(1), 80-86.
Chan DV, Gopal S, Helfrich CA. (2014). Accessibility patterns and community integration among previously homeless adults: A Geographic Information Systems (GIS) approach. Social Science and Medicine, 120, 142-152.
Chan, DV, Helfrich CA, Hursh NC, Rogers ES, Gopal S. (2014). Measuring community integration using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and participatory mapping for people who were once homeless. Health and Place, 27, 92 – 101.
Chan DV. (2014). Service use, physical function, and community integration for people who were once homeless: A Geographic Information Systems (GIS) approach. Austin Journal of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, 1(6), 1027-1036.