The deadline to submit application materials for fall 2021 is April 13, 2021.
Documentation Requirements for Admission
- A bachelor’s degree transcript from an accredited college or university;
- Submission of official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores that are not older than five years (Please send scores to Institution Code 5816) Please note, GRE scores are still required for all applicants of the Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling program for the 2021 Admission Application Cycle. We are unable to grant any exceptions or waivers, unless you have already obtained a doctorate degree.
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Completion of application supplement for CRMH within graduate school application;
- Graduate application fee for fall 2021 in the online SLATE application system;
- A pre-admission interview with the program faculty;
- Be eligible to meet student requirements to participate in clinical training.
Students are admitted one time per year, each fall semester. As a Graduate School program, we adhere to all Graduate School rules and regulations regarding admissions, matriculation, and graduation. All applicants who are considered for admissions will complete a personal interview with the admissions committee.
Deadline for Scholarships:
To become eligible for DAHS scholarships, submit your program application.
To apply for the Merit Scholarship, applications must be submitted on or before December 8, 2020 and meet all UNC Graduate School criteria for consideration. The Merit Scholarship provides full tuition and a monthly stipend to work with the Division for the first year in the program.
Each year, the division can nominate exceptional applicants for consideration of Fellowships offered through the UNC Graduate School. To be considered for a Fellowship Nomination, applicants should submit their completed applications in the Slate system by December 8, 2020. Fellowship nominations are made in January, and decisions are issued by the Graduate School in the Spring.
Incoming students are also eligible for assistantship and scholarship awards offered through the Department of Allied Health Sciences and the CRMH Division. Applications for these scholarships and awards are provided once the applicant is admitted to the program. The number of awards given each year depends on the funds allocated to the division. Decisions on division awards for incoming students are typically made at or by the beginning of the Fall semester of program entry. Since one must be accepted to the program before applying for these scholarships and awards, applicants are encouraged to submit their completed application earlier than the April 13, 2021 deadline.
North Carolina Residency Requirements
You can find all information regarding requirements for residency, as well as the dates that the application opens on the North Carolina Residency site.
There are numerous determining factors that go into these decisions, and they cannot be determined until an application is reviewed.
If you are interested in pursuing NC residency, we encourage you to fill out the application as completely as possible and upload the required documentation (DL/taxes etc.) to assist in the determination process.