Bondurant Hall 2062 – CB #7122
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- PhD, Occupational Science, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- MS, Occupational Therapy, Brenau University Women’s College
- BS, Occupational Therapy, Brenau University Women’s College
- Board Member, Coalition of Occupational Therapy Advocates for Diversity
- Board Member, Society for the Study of Occupation: USA
- OCCT 773 Inquiry Based Learning
- OCCT 990 Applied Research Seminar I
- OCCT 992 Applied Research Seminar II
Recent Publications and other Products of Scholarship
- Blaskowitz M, Johnson KR, Bergfelt, T, Mahoney W. Evidence to inform occupational therapy intervention with adults with intellectual disability: A scoping review. Am J Occup Ther. 75(3). [in press]
- Mahoney W, Blaskowitz M, Johnson KR. Scoping review of occupational therapy related assessments for adults with intellectual disability. Am J Occup Ther. 75(3). [in press]
- Johnson KR, Lavalley R. From racialized think-pieces to anti-racism praxis in our science, practice, and education. J Occup Sci. [in press]
- Washington SE, Johnson KR, Hollenbeck, JM. Environmental modification and supports for participation among adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities: A scoping review of the literature. Am J Occup Ther. 75(4). [in press]
- Embry, A., Jackson, D., Mitchell, M., Collier, T., Gaugis, V., VanHoose, L., . . . Varnado, K. (2020, October 3). The Black rehabilitation manifesto. Retrieved October 3, 2020, from http://www.ujimainstitute.com/black-rehabilitation-manifesto.html
- Jones D, Nicholaidis C, Ellwood LJ, Garcia A, Johnson KR, Lopez K, Waisman TC. 2020. An expert discussion on structural racism in autism research and practice. Autism in Adulthood. 2(4). org/10.1089/aut.2020.29015.drj
- Lavalley, R, Johnson, KR. 2020. Occupation, injustice, and anti-Black racism in the United States of America. J Occup Sci. doi.org/10.1080/14427591.2020.1810111
- Johnson KR, Bagatell N. 2020. Negotiating tensions on the front-line: Circuits of accountability and self-governance in institutional care of adults with intellectual disability. Work Employ Soc. 34(4): 644-660. doi.org/10.1177/0950017019872647
- Belgrave FZ, Gary KW, Johnson KR. Culture, race, and disability. In: D. Dunn’s, editor, Understanding the experience of disability: Perspectives from social and rehabilitation psychology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press; 2019. p. 122-136.
- Bogenschutz M, Dinora P, Johnson KR. Case management workforce supporting people with ID/DD: Indications of a new frontier of the workforce crisis. Intellect Dev Disabil. doi: 10.1352/1934-9556-57.6.499
- Johnson KR, Blaskowitz M, Mahoney W. 2019. Occupational therapy practice with adults with intellectual disability: What more can we do? Open J Occup Ther. 7(2). doi.org/10.15453/2168-6408.1573
- Johnson KR, Dickie V. What is occupation? In: B.A.B. Schell, G. Gillen, editors, Willard and Spackman’s occupational therapy 13th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer; 2019. p. 2 – 10.
- Gary KW, Sima A., Wehman P, Johnson KR. Transitioning racial/ethnic minorities with intellectual and developmental disabilities: Influence of socioeconomic status on related services. Career Dev Transit Except Individ. doi.org/10.1177%2F2165143418778556
- Johnson KR, Bagatell N. 2018. “No! You can’t have it.”: Problematizing choice in institutionalized adults with intellectual disabilities. J Intellect Disabil. 24(1). doi.org/10.1177/1744629518766121
- Johnson KR, Bagatell N. 2017. Beyond custodial care: Mediating choice and participation for adults with intellectual disabilities. J Occup Sci. 24(4): 546-560. doi: 10.1080/14427591.2017.1363078
- Shotwell M, Johnson KR, Miranda I. Evaluation. In: H. S. Gabai, S. Holm, editors, Occupational therapy practice in acute care. Bethesda, MD: American Occupational Therapy Association Press; 2017. p. 37 – 62.
- Robinson K, Shotwell M. Evaluation of the acute care patient. In: H. S. Gabai, editor Occupational therapy practice in acute care. Bethesda, MD: American Occupational Therapy Association Press; 2011. p. 1 – 39.