Advocacy and Education Support
Information and Education
- NC Department of Public Instruction
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) National Network
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- A Parent’s Guide to Section 504 in Public Schools
- Common Core Standards for English Language Arts
- Center for Racial Equity in Education (CREED)
The Center for Racial Equity in Education (CREED) in North Carolina works to close opportunity gaps for all children in P-20 education, especially children of color, with the vision that one day race will no longer be the primary predictor of educational outcomes. To advance this mission, CREED conducts evidence-based research; builds coalitions of school leaders, educators, parents, policymakers, and community members who have a shared agenda of creating equitable school systems; and supports schools and educators with technical assistance and training designed to improve educational outcomes for students of color.
- Disability Rights North Carolina
- FOODNC – Tool for Families to Find Meals for Children
- IDEA Partnership
- Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Glossary of Terms
- The Interdisciplinary Council on Development and Learning
- National Center on Accessibility – The National Center on Accessibility promotes access and inclusion for people with disabilities in parks, recreation and tourism.
- National Center on Deaf-Blindness – offers an online community for teachers and related service providers who work with students who are deaf-blind. The National Deaf-Blind Educator Network provides an opportunity for professionals to exchange ideas and best practices, problem solve, and support one another. It tackles topics such as literacy, communication, interveners and effective educational practices. For more information, contact Kristi Probst, NCDB’s Interveners and Qualified Personnel Lead (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NC RAMMP Program
- Temporary and portable
- Created a resources and connect with funding source
- 6, 8, 12 ft. ramps,
- Bariatric and threshold ramps
- North Carolina AHEC
- North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards
- Rehabilitation Research and Training Center on Developmental Disabilities and Health (RRTCDD)
- Social Security 2018 Red Book – a summary guide to employment supports for persons with disabilities under the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs
Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times:
Free resources (social narratives, hand washing task analysis & calming strategies) for supporting children and youth with ASD during uncertain times (such as COVID-19 pandemic)
United States Access Board – The U.S. Access Board is a federal agency that promotes equality for people with disabilities through leadership in accessible design and the development of accessibility guidelines and standards for the built environment, transportation, communication, medical diagnostic equipment, and information technology.
Advocacy & Support
- The Arc of North Carolina – The Arc of North Carolina is committed to securing for all people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the opportunity to choose and realize their goals of where and how they learn, live, work and play.
- Eat Smart, Move More NC
- Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center (ECAC) – ECAC is dedicated to empowering families and improving lives, particularly for North Carolina families raising children ages 0 to 26 with disabilities
- Family Support Network of North Carolina – Promoting and providing support for families with children who have special needs.
- First in Families North Carolina – First In Families of North Carolina, FIFNC, helps people with disabilities and their families to believe in their dreams, achieve their goals and give back to others.
- I’m Tyler
- NCPTA Special Educaiton Resources
- Sesame Street in Communities
- Special Needs Require Special Care II: A Guide for the Transportation of Preschoolers and Children with Disabilities for NC Public Schools
- TASH – TASH advocates for human rights and inclusion for people with significant disabilities and support needs
- Transportation Services for People with Disabilities in Rural and Small Urban Communities
- Understanding ADHD – Information for Parents About Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Youths 4 Advocacy
- Family Information Guide to Assistive Technology and Transition Planning
- NC Assistive Technology Exchange Post
School-wide Positive Behavior Support: Reaching All Students
Positive Unified Behavior Support: A Model of School-Wide Positive Behavior Support
Equipment Instruction Manuals and Video Support: