- School Reopening Considerations for School-based Physical Therapists (SBPTS)
- Council for Exceptional Children:
- Technology Considerations for Students Receiving Special Education Services as Schools Reopen
- Key Considerations for Special Educators and the Infants, Children, and Youth They Serve as Schools Reopen
- High Leverage Practices (critical practices for K-12 special education from CEC and CEEDAR Center)
- CASE Resources on School Reentry
- Addressing Social/Emotional and Mental and Behavioral Health: As schools are looking at reopening, they will have to prioritize social and emotional and behavioral and mental health needs to address the trauma experienced by students and staff. The American School Counselor Association and the National Association of School Psychologists have just released a new document to address those concerns, School Reentry Considerations for Supporting Student Social and Emotional Learning and Mental and Behavioral Health. The document will be updated as different reentry plans are developed.
- The Impact of State Revenue Decline on State Education Budgets: The Learning Policy Institute (LPI) has created individual State 2-pagers capturing the projected impact of COVID-19 on state education budgets. LPI uses a conservative estimate of a 5% budget cut in FY 2020 and a 20% cut in FY 2021 and a limited set of necessary new education expenses. The 2-pagers include national data as well, showing a close to $230 billion shortfall over the next 18 months using this conservative estimate.
- Highlighting Resources and Practices to Support Back to School and Continuity of Learning During COVID-19 for Children with Disabilities
This document provides links to the resources described in the third webinar in the OSEP series designed to feature ready-to-use resources, tools, and practices from OSEP partners to support the educational, developmental, behavioral, and social/emotional needs of infants, toddlers, children, and youth with disabilities through remote and distance learning.
- Looking to Other Nations for Safe School Return: LPI has also produced a brief providing districts and states a look at how other countries have already begun the return to school. Reopening Schools in the Context of COVID-19: Health and Safety Guidelines from Other Countries compiles preliminary information on health and safety guidelines from five countries that have continued or reopened schools during the COVID-19 outbreak: China, Denmark, Norway, Singapore and Taiwan.
- All Hands on Deck: Initial Guidance Regarding Reopening School Buildings
A guide to intentionally planning for school success during COVID-19 and beyond with health, safety, and equity at the forefront.
- SEL and Crisis Response Practice Guide
- ASBO and AASA Average Re-Opening Cost Estimate
- CLICK HERE TO ACCESS ALL NCDHHS PUBLIC HEALTH EDUCATION GUIDANCE & RESOURCES!
- Do you have a specific question about the public health guidance for education? Check out the FAQ! This document is updated by NCDHHS frequently and is shaped by questions submitted by the field. Both English and Spanish versions are available.