Frequently Asked Questions
Please take a moment to read through our list of Frequently Asked Questions. We hope this information will be a useful guide to get you started in navigating through our program and Chapel Hill.
Documentation Requirements for Admission
- A bachelor's degree transcript from an accredited college or university;
- Submission of official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores that are not older than 5 years;
- Three letters of recommendation;
- Completion of the graduate school application in Apply Yourself;
- Completion of application supplement for RCP within graduate school application (http://gradschool.unc.edu/academics/degreeprograms/);
- Graduate application fee for Fall 2014 in the online Apply Yourself application system;
- A pre-admission interview with the DRCP faculty;
- Be eligible to meet student requirements to participate in clinical training. View here.
THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR FALL 2014 ADMISSION IS May 13, 2014.
To be considered for the UNC Merit Scholarship, application materials must have been received by December 3, 2013. All applicants are eligible to apply for other scholarships and funding opportunities (Fellowships and Funding) in the spring of 2014.
Applications opened on August 22, 2012.
Students are admitted one time per year, each fall semester. As a Graduate School program, we adhere to all Graduate School rules and regulations regarding admissions, matriculation, and graduation. All applicants who are considered for admissions will complete a personal interview with the admissions committee.
The Division of Rehabilitation Counseling and Psychology will be conducting admission information sessions during the dates listed below for prospective students who are interested in learning more about the program. A professor and a student will be available at these sessions to answer questions and provide literature about the program. To RSVP for any of these sessions, please send an email to Dr. Judy Schmidt: email@example.com.
February 20, 2014 – Noon to 1PM with Dr. Judy Schmidt
March 25, 2014 – 4 PM to 5 PM with Dr. Judy Schmidt